Neighbors of West Loop has recently started an initiative to develop a planning document for the West Loop known as the Neighborhood Plan. This plan will be developed with input directly from residents about development topics like development guidelines, parking availability, green space, and public safety. When complete and adopted, the Neighborhood Plan will act as a resident-driven vision for the future of the West Loop, providing guidance to the NOWL Development Committee, developers, city planners, and elected officials about the neighborhood in which we want to live.
As announced at our Community Meeting on Development on June 20, 2016, we will be hosting a series of focus group meetings for each corridor shown in the graphic at right. These meetings are designed to identify residents’ priorities for the future of our neighborhood. The corridor focus group meetings will be held:
- Madison Corridor: Monday, August 1 at 7 pm (Merit School of Music) – review the meeting minutes here
- Fulton Market Corridor: Tuesday, August 9 at 7 pm (1000 W. Washington, 5th Floor Community Room) – review the meeting minutes here
- Loop Corridor: Monday, August 15 at 7 pm (Jefferson Tap, 325 N. Jefferson) – review the meeting minutes here
- Jackson Corridor: Thursday, September 22 at 7 pm (Academy Square, 1st Floor Social Room, 318 S. Throop) – review the meeting minutes here
- Halsted-Kennedy Corridor: Wednesday, January 11 at 7 pm (Catalyst Ranch, 656 W. Randolph #3W) – review the meeting minutes here
After hearing from residents through these meetings, NOWL will compile the issues and recommendations identified through the discussions and report the results back to the community, partner organizations, and City/elected officials through community meetings and the draft Neighborhood Plan document.
Once adopted, the Neighborhood Plan will provide the resident perspective on growth in the West Loop, one of preservation, progress, and prosperity.
For more information about the Neighborhood Plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.